“Omg, I love CHIPOTLE!” Chipotle Nutella-Cheesecake Chimichangas
So I am for real obsessed with Chipotle Chile pepper seasoning right now. Borderline addicted. I’m making mango chips with it, throwing it on veggies, tossing it on my eggs… you name it. And now… it’s key part of my desserts repertoire.
My latest last minute— what do I have in the pantry?— recipe was my take on a churro. This is definitely not a churro though. More like a fried burrito. Chimichanga if you will. Tasty as hell either way. Indulge in a #treatyoself moment below.
- 8 oz pack of Cream cheese
- 2 tsp Chipotle Chili Pepper Seasoning
- 8 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil for frying
- 2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of Nutella spread
- 6 small flour tortillas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Super Simple Directions (makes 6):
- Mix the cream cheese with 4 tsp. sugar, 1 tsp Chipotle Chili Pepper seasoning, and 1 tsp cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Heat up a skillet with the coconut oil (you can also sub for veggie oil) on med-high
- Spread a thin layer of Nutella and then a layer of the cream (about one spoon full) in the center of each tortilla.
- Fold up the tortilla burrito style. See here.
- Fry. Turning to crisp each side. Mix the remaining sugar, chipotle chili pepper, and cinnamon into a bowl for the sugary coating.
- Toss each fried chimichanga in the dry sugar mix. Serve like a boss.